In this hot market, the pace is rapid and the candidates go quickly! If you’re banking on the great talent from your hand-selected, candidate pool, you’ll need to keep them moving while vetting them thoroughly. [...]
The number one motive today for people in searching for new work is to find growth in their careers. Do your employees feel like they’re evolving? Not everyone can or wants to receive that title [...]
Location: Vancouver WA United States
Job Title: Assistant Controller – Construction
Job Family: Finance & Accounting
Reports To: Director Financial Operations / Division Controller / Corporate Financial Controller
Location: Greater Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, WA Metro Area
Our fast-growing construction client is seeking experienced candidates to fill an Assistant Controller position within their organization immediately!
In business for over 50 years, with a presence in over half-a-dozen states, our client is known for building homes with uncompromising quality, that stand up to the test of time. They have passion for home-building ranging from town-homes to luxury living and are looking for another excited team-member to join their ranks. If you exude loyalty, dependability, and a dedication to customer service – this could be a great potential opportunity to grow your career!
- BA/BS/MBA in Finance/Accounting or related field
- 6+ years industry experience in lieu of formal education will be considered
- 3+ years experience in residential construction
Priority Consideration given to:
- 5-7 years residential construction experience
- You are a career-oriented and collaborative person that takes pride in contributing to the success of your team, and making everyone around you better.
General Role Description:
To accurately and efficiently record data to enable, the Controller to provide meaningful reports on the company’s financial position. In order to achieve company targets, the candidate must also be willing and able to perform the following
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare proforma's on each phase of a project to show its profitability as compared to the most current Business Plan including changes in costs and revenues
- Prepare project proforma's for potential land development sites. • Complete closings from booking the escrow proceeds, sales journal, and salesperson of costs and booking the COS commissions, to verify the accuracy
- Complete routine monthly accounting
- Reconcile real estate project receivables, deposits, and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly unit reconciliation and review inventory reports as needed
- Verifying of all items on the trial balance, booking shared and corporate cost allocations, capitalizing G&A, clearing COS on prior closings, and booking land acquisitions
- Complete quarterly property taxes owed on land holding revenues and expenses
- Record and/or review all house revenue transactions
- Manages budgets and forecasts
- Unit Reconciliation Report forwarded to Corporate
- Tracks the number of lots under company control, stage of development, and monthly closings
- Verify the accuracy of the Title Reinsurance Report.
- Preparation of cost allocations for new construction starts, maintaining updated schedule
- Responsible for monthly review & adjustments to trial balance and Net WIP (Works in Progress)
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Mission
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employee and Management
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with home-buyers, prospective home-buyers and vendors
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Applicant screening, training and performance; addressing complaints
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Basic statistical knowledge would be helpful.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrams.
To perform this job successfully, employee should know how to use a computer and have knowledge of word processing, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of a graph
For further information on salary, benefits, and requirements – Please contact Specialized Staffing Resource, LLC. © Vancouver, WA
About Specialized Staffing Resource:
With unemployment rates at record lows, it is becoming harder and harder for our clients to find talent on their own. We are constantly recruiting for roles in Accounting, Finance, IT, Legal, Creative and Project Management roles.
Your Consultants in the Employment Market
As an employer, it's increasingly difficult to find the right person for your open position in an extremely competitive, candidate-centric market. Let Specialized Staffing Resource help you develop the strategies and processes to help your organization improve important KPI's such as: Reduced time-to-hire,Increased Retention through finding the right fit, and Reduced Hiring Costs by way of reduced turnover and quicker employee on-boarding and ramp up.
As a candidate, there is nothing worse than being stuck in a position that you do not enjoy or utilize your talents. Let's chat about your career goals, likes/dislikes, personal goals, and everything the makes up YOU- and we will match you with an organization where you will achieve personal and professional growth, in an environment you want to stick around in for a long time!
Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington – Specialized Staffing Resource is in the perfect geographical position to serve clients all across the Pacific Northwest. We have clients all throughout Washington, Oregon, and Idaho- Including, but not limited to the cities listed below:
WASHINGTON | Vancouver, WA | Greater Seattle, WA area | Tri-Cities, WA | Spokane, WA | Ellensburg, WA | Olympia, WA | Yakima, WA
OREGON | Portland, OR | Eugene, OR | Bend, OR | Salem, OR | Gresham, OR | Beavertonn, OR | Bend, OR
IDAHO | Boise, ID | Nampa, ID | Merridian, ID | Pocatella, ID | Idaho Falls, ID | Coeur d'Alene, ID | Lewiston, ID
Specialized Staffing Resource, LLC. © Vancouver, WA